Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Dream Laptop: Alienware M11x

My current laptop is my trusty 'ol steed. I asked someone buy it in Singapore and for that price, I could get a MacBook Pro now!
http://www.mybuycom.com/images/twin%20H3.jpg
No regrets as my laptop is performing very well. It's a Taiwan brand -- Twinhead. Model is H12Y. The specs was high-end, at least for the year 2006.



My Twinhead H12Y Specifications:
Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83GHz
1GB Ram
80GB HDD
Intel GMA 950
12.1 inch
Less than 2kg

It was a bold move as I came from a more well-known brand, Compaq (Now HP). My Compaq Presario 1721 lasted around 4 years.

Going back to my Twinhead laptop, at present, it has logged the following usage statistics:
Power On Count - 2,510 times
Power On Hours - 18,536 hours
(To know your total power on count and power on hours, download crystal disk for free here)

This is a good performing laptop. I've tried several times to have it on for 2 or 3 weeks straight. Problem with my Twinhead laptop is, the cosmetic appearance is quickly fading because of the material used. Also, I tried upgrading to 2GB ram and it wasn't compatible according to the computer store. So I guess, this computer will stay as is.

Looking at the currently available laptops, Sony Vaio is too pricey for me. Toshiba too. Actually, I'm looking for a unique high-end laptop so it can last around 6  to 9 years. I don't like changing laptops, that's why, as long as my current one has no problems, I won't change.

I came along the Alienware M11x. I searched for it in Google then landed on the Dell website. I played around with it and customized the specifications (Customize your Dell Alienware m11x here)

Here's what I got
PROCESSORIntel® Core™ i7 640UM (4M Cache, 1.2 GHZ with 2.266 GHz Max Turbo Frequency) - Overclockable
OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Professional (64-bit)
MEMORY8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 800MHz
HARD DRIVE500GB SATAII 7,200RPM
BLUETOOTHBluetooth Module, 2.1+ Enhanced Data Rate
MOBILE CONNECTIVITYNo Internal WWAN Antenna Installed

VIDEO CARD1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M
LCD PANEL11.6-inch WideHD 1366x768 (720p) WLED
SOUND OPTIONSInternal High-Definition Surround Sound Audio (5.1)
ADOBE READERAdobe Acrobat Reader
AC ADAPTERAlienware M11x 90W A/C Adapter
NETWORK CARDIntegrated 10/100 Network Interface Card
AUTOMATIC UPDATESAutomatic Updates: On
WEBCAM1.3MP Web Cam
Standard Nameplate TriggerThank you for Purchasing Alienware
WIRELESS CARDSAlienware M11x a/b/g/n 2x2 MIMO Wireless


Here are some photos:
http://www.laptopsarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/alienware-laptops-2.jpg

 http://www.yugatech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/dell-alienware-m11x.jpg

http://laptopsplaza.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Alienware-M11x-gaming-laptop-review-1.jpg
That's what I call a high-caliber laptop!!! The price? A whopping $1,863.00 US dollars! Using the current conversion rate (which is quite favorable to the Philippine Peso), it costs around Php 82,000.00 pesos!

Checking out Villman, their Alienware M11x is quite expensive at 78,000 pesos with only the ff specs:
Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo SU7300 (1.3GHz, 800 MHz, 3 MB L2 Cache)
4GB DDR3 Memory
1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M
500GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive

That is far from the customized Alienware M11x for 82,000 pesos!!! Imagine, from 8GB ram to 4GB ram and from Intel Core i7 to Core 2 Duo? Too expensive in Villman!

Anyway, this shall remain my dream laptop as I have a lot of expenses lately and, I don't think I'll be able to really buy one at that price because it's too expensive. I'll just keep on praying for it. Should I sell my iPad and get one? hmmm... thinking..

No comments:

Post a Comment