Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gmask - Not So Good Investment

http://www.everyjoe.com/gadgenista/files/2007/07/gmask.jpg
Living in the Philippines where everyone is gadget-conscious, owning an old phone that has dents and scratches makes me hesitant to use it at times. This was the last phone that I ever bought and after 5 years, it's still with me. But for the past year or so, it's at least for gaming purposes.

Well, a year or two back when Gmask was still a big hit, I tried it to my phone to at least "disguise" it and cover the scratches. I got to have my phone Gmasked for around 2,200 pesos. But now, it makes me think.. Was it worth it?

At first, I was contented obviously. I gained more confidence in using that mobile phone and was even proud of the design it wore. After a year or so, it started to transform to an uglier version of it. The Gmask was starting to peel-off on the corners. After that, everything was like dominoes. A little peel here, a little peel there.

So know, it looks dirtier even though the scratches aren't very visible. To tell you the truth, unless you apply the double layer, the scratches would still be visible but not all would have the budget to have it double-layered. Double layer means applying a silver or white coat first before applying the sticker design of your choice. This also mean that the price would be doubled.

So there, I am in a way regretting I had my phone Gmasked. If I just purchased the original McCoy casing from Sony Ericsson, it would have cost me around 2,500 pesos! Some might say that it has been years so damage is expected. No, that phone is just a sitting duck at home. I only play games with it around once a week. I just wanted to make it look nice. After having it Gmasked, I changed mobile phone unit after a month or two.

So there. After referring 2 or 3 friends there, I think I did enough favor for them already and unless they improve the quality of it, I won't ever go back there.

By the way, I also blogged about them before and praised Gmask Philippines Greenhills branch about their service after I had my phone Gmasked.

No comments:

Post a Comment